737-800 first class seats

Old Sep 8, 16, 12:38 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
737-800 first class seats

Hi-

Viewing Seat Guru comments about this plane it seems like the worst First class seat in the sky, I usually fly United so I'm looking forward to see what Delta Domestic First is like, I'm flying this Sunday, 09-11-16 MSP-SFO Seats 1A & 1B it's 38 inch pitch and 21 inch wide that is the industry standard for domestic first in the USA, can any offer any insights?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Sep 8, 16, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Paul510 View Post
Hi-

Viewing Seat Guru comments about this plane it seems like the worst First class seat in the sky, I usually fly United so I'm looking forward to see what Delta Domestic First is like, I'm flying this Sunday, 09-11-16 MSP-SFO Seats 1A & 1B it's 38 inch pitch and 21 inch wide that is the industry standard for domestic first in the USA, can any offer any insights?

Thanks,

Paul
For my money the domestic 767 on Delta is the worst First Class seat in the sky.
Old Sep 8, 16, 12:53 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec, Avis Presidents Club
There's nothing fantastic about F on a DL 737, but it's going to be pretty much on par with what you're used to on United. However, you should get out of the bulkhead if possible. You don't get cutouts like you do on some of the UA 737s, and legroom is restricted compared to other rows.
Old Sep 8, 16, 12:59 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
I put little stock in seatguru anymore. It seems for awhile now that it's just people complaining that their seat wasn't a throne gilded in gold with the whole plane length and width for room. The 737-800 is the same F class type seat that you'd get on any US airline. Only difference is the DL uses leather while some airlines use fabric. (I prefer fabric since fake leather makes one sweat)

The really only bad DL F seat is the Domestic 767 which has a width of only about 1 or 2" more then Y on the plane. It's only as wide as Y is on most aircraft. The not great, but not really bad is the 737-900. I try and avoid the 900 as much as possible, and refuse to fly a domestic 767.
Old Sep 8, 16, 1:10 am

Programs: DL 2 Million Miler/Diamond; UA 1K Premier; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold; National Executive Elite
Bulkhead on the 738 is brutal. Avoid at all costs.

I actually disagree on the comfort of the 738 first class seat. It's the previous generation first class seat - and I find it more soft and inviting than the new, slimmer Recaro seat on the 739.

However the reconfigured 738's have less recline than previously and I swear that the legroom is slightly tighter.
Old Sep 8, 16, 2:06 am
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Programs: DL 2MM Diamante & NW Million Air - UA AA WN & Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Just realized that I'm on a B737-700 next week. Is the row 1 bulkhead any better on the -700 than the -800?

I can still grab row 3 aisle.

Old Sep 8, 16, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83 View Post
For my money the domestic 767 on Delta is the worst First Class seat in the sky.
Agreed. I think the 738/737 seat is okay-nothing special but okay.
Old Sep 8, 16, 7:31 am
used to be 'jrl22'

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (IAD area) and near LAX
Programs: DL PM 1.2MM; AS MVPG
Originally Posted by n7371f View Post
Bulkhead on the 738 is brutal. Avoid at all costs.

I actually disagree on the comfort of the 738 first class seat. It's the previous generation first class seat - and I find it more soft and inviting than the new, slimmer Recaro seat on the 739.

However the reconfigured 738's have less recline than previously and I swear that the legroom is slightly tighter.
+1 to all, esp the highlighted

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Just realized that I'm on a B737-700 next week. Is the row 1 bulkhead any better on the -700 than the -800?
doubtful, but no recent experience
Old Sep 8, 16, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Silver + Hilton Diamond
Anyone have an experience in F on a 757? Have a trip coming up and looking forward to hopefully boarding from the mid-cabin door at Boston.
Old Sep 8, 16, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
Anyone have an experience in F on a 757? Have a trip coming up and looking forward to hopefully boarding from the mid-cabin door at Boston.
I think the old seat is actually more comfortable than the new one, but the new one isn't bad. This is one of my favorite F cabins - much wider than coach on that plane and 2L boarding make it a good seat IMO. Plus, having the lav between F and Y (I realize there are three rows of C+ in between the lav and first) means less traffic in F from passengers in the back.
Old Sep 8, 16, 10:59 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles and Travel with Pets

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scongro View Post
I think the old seat is actually more comfortable than the new one, but the new one isn't bad. This is one of my favorite F cabins - much wider than coach on that plane and 2L boarding make it a good seat IMO. Plus, having the lav between F and Y (I realize there are three rows of C+ in between the lav and first) means less traffic in F from passengers in the back.
I totally agree with you about the comfort of the old 757 seat.
Old Sep 8, 16, 11:29 am
used to be 'jrl22'

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (IAD area) and near LAX
Programs: DL PM 1.2MM; AS MVPG
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
imo the 753 and the few remaining 757s without the C+ mini-cabin are the best F experiences in the domestic mainline fleet
Old Sep 11, 16, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
It was just fine

Thanks everyone-

The 737 first class seat on DL is just fine, a real bonus having AVOD compared to UAL's U-stream it or nothing entertainment options.

-Paul
Old Sep 11, 16, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83 View Post
Nah, DL F on B717 and MD88 is worse.
Old Sep 11, 16, 9:09 pm
pvn

Programs: Delta PM
no, and it's not even close.