Go Back Cpi-Web Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page > Jet Airways now charging INR 50 per e-ticket printout

Jet Airways now charging INR 50 per e-ticket printout

Old May 15, 12, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Plat, Vistara Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Taj IC Gold, Hilton Gold
Jet Airways now charging INR 50 per e-ticket printout

This is the height of miserliness.

Old May 15, 12, 1:51 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
This is the height of miserliness.
Lol.. indeed this is quite a miserly act.. i don't think any LCC in India does this.. If u r issuing a ticket to a passenger, u r bound to give him a printout.. this is indeed ridiculous..
Old May 15, 12, 2:06 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsDiamond, SPGGold,HyattPlat, EYGold, AIGold
notice how this says 'DRAFT' maybe they will want to repeal it at some point of time :O
Old May 15, 12, 4:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2018 Cpi-Web Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Amadeus charges TAs 20 cents per etix pax receipt, so its no that far off... although the above must probably be to address the nonsense circus that ensues when a pax shows up at the airport gate without anay paper to show the CISF gatekeeper.
Old May 15, 12, 4:37 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL, Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Amadeus charges TAs 20 cents per etix pax receipt, so its no that far off... although the above must probably be to address the nonsense circus that ensues when a pax shows up at the airport gate without anay paper to show the CISF gatekeeper.
If that's the case, they should open their website and do it that way instead

That's what AI does at IXE in my experience (although I haven't flown AI to IXE in almost a year now - convenience and price savings of SG nonstop are too good)
Old May 15, 12, 7:12 am
Company Representative - Jet Airways

Jet Airways clarifies on the eTicket Reprint Charge

Jet Airways does not insist on an eticket printout to enter the airport but this is a security requirement by the civil aviation authorities.

We observe a significant number of guests queuing up at our counters for re-prints of etickets due to which dedicated resources are being increasingly deployed. This last minute pressure for eticket reprints is also causing great inconvenience to our other guests who want to purchase tickets for immediate departures. We believe this increased cost of servicing of eticket reprints should be borne by only those who request for reprints and hence we have implemented the INR 50 charge. Jet Privilege Platinum members are exempt from this charge and we encourage all guests to get an eticket print at the time of ticket issuance.

Jet Airways is working together with the various stakeholders to provide seamless travel using mobile/bar code technology which will do away with eticket prints. We look forward to its implementation following regulatory approvals.
Old May 15, 12, 7:30 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL, Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
I must admit, I'm impressed. 9W showing some actual customer service for once - trying to clarify a new rule for passengers.

I still disagree with it, but not a 1-sided discussion any more

Old May 15, 12, 7:52 am

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
@JetAirways - you may want to contact the moderation staff and find out more about becoming a recognized corporate representative here on FT. Not sure how the process goes, but registering with them will help users to recognize that you're actually a company rep.
Old May 15, 12, 7:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2018 Cpi-Web Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by phillystudent View Post
@JetAirways - you may want to contact the moderation staff and find out more about becoming a recognized corporate representative here on FT. Not sure how the process goes, but registering with them will help users to recognize that you're actually a company rep.
Already on it!

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old May 15, 12, 8:00 am

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by JetAirways View Post
JetAirways

This is really JetAirways here?
Old May 15, 12, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by indialogue View Post

This is really JetAirways here?
My reaction exactly! I just hope it's actually a rep and not just a general user.

About time that the Indian carriers started paying attention to social media. Then again, better late than never!
Old May 15, 12, 8:03 am

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
I still disagree with it, but not a 1-sided discussion any more
One clarification does not a discussion make. Let's wait and see if they go beyond just clarifications and addressing the core issues of JP (of which innumerable instances can be found by them if they're interested, on this forum)
Old May 15, 12, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by indialogue View Post
One clarification does not a discussion make. Let's wait and see if they go beyond just clarifications and addressing the core issues of JP (of which innumerable instances can be found by them if they're interested, on this forum)
Let's hope so. Either way, I'm not all that up in the air about this 50/- charge. After all, pax should know that they're going to have to have the printout with them to get into the airports due to CISF regulation. Get it done for 2/- at the local net cafe if you don't have a printer. And they're doing the right thing by having JP Plt members be exempt from this. I'd say they should do it for all status members, since those are the guys who're probably least likely to abuse the privilege, but w/e.
Old May 15, 12, 8:24 am

And here comes the official notification email:
=============

Subject: Important Update on duplicate e-ticket printouts
JETUPDATE

Dear Mr. PhillyStudent,

This is to bring to your notice that effective immediately, requests received for duplicate e-ticket printouts at Airline Ticketing Offices and City Ticketing Offices in India across Jet Airways and JetKonnect will attract a fee of 50 per e-ticket (revenue / award ticket) reprint.

Please note that this fee is applicable only to requests for a reprint / duplicate copy of the existing booking.

JetPrivilege Platinum members are exempted from the e-ticket reprint charge.
Warm regards,

Kaushal Satam
Head – JetPrivilege
Old May 15, 12, 8:25 am

Programs: AA - EXP/2MM, 9W-Plt, Marriott Gold
I am actually quite for this rule.. but timing wise, maybe it would have been better to introduce this after mobile/barcode technology was implemented?
Eitherway - I agree with the ridiculous number of people showing up without ticket and cutting queue's because "my flight is in 10 mins..".. I told one jackass once, maybe you should have got here sooner or had your office give you a print..

another suggestion - maybe keep a self-kiosk outside the CISF checkpoint like at BOM (when it works..)??

Search this Thread