Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Reply

Old Jan 17, 15, 4:05 pm
#1141

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NUE
Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by harryhv View Post
Any updates? Friends/family link now jumps back to the rack-rate?
My link for my good 'friend' Cassandra from IHGs Atlanta HQ is also not working anymore...

Did they cancel the F&F rates?
Mr. LAU is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 15, 8:39 pm
#1142

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU View Post
My link for my good 'friend' Cassandra from IHGs Atlanta HQ is also not working anymore...

Did they cancel the F&F rates?
http://ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...304-_-AM247631

I found this with a simple google search and the prices are definitely cheaper than rack rates
Kadence is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 15, 8:40 pm
#1143

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by harryhv View Post
Any updates? Friends/family link now jumps back to the rack-rate?
http://ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...304-_-AM247631
Kadence is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 15, 2:55 am
#1144

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 12
anyone denied upgrade because of FF rate?
freeblue is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 15, 5:17 am
#1145
uk1
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 11,969
Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.

Last edited by uk1; Mar 28, 15 at 4:22 am Reason: Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.
uk1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 15, 12:12 pm
#1146

Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 3,234
Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
A landing page I've been using for some time and used in the last few hours to secure F&F now reverts to the standard booking page.

I've checked my other F&F links and they all revert to the standard booking page.

Anyone else finding the F&F pages appear to have gone? I hope this isn't permanent.
I see no change. Everything is as usual.
CalItalian is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 15, 1:09 pm
#1147
uk1
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 11,969
Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.

Last edited by uk1; Mar 28, 15 at 4:23 am Reason: Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.
uk1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 10:49 am
#1148

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 2,396
I've never used family rate before. Obviously, I don't know Timothy Severn, who offers a FF rate link. Is there any risk for booking via his link if I don't know him? Rate details state: Must present voucher at check-in.
Stgermainparis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 11:05 am
#1149
uk1
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 11,969
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
I've never used family rate before. Obviously, I don't know Timothy Severn, who offers a FF rate link. Is there any risk for booking via his link if I don't know him? Rate details state: Must present voucher at check-in.
It is a public rate and it has been explicitly applied so far as such. That does not mean that there is no risk in the future simply because they change the rules at whim. It just means at the moment is seems fine. Keep in mind if it is important that this rate will not get you points or nights.

I keep in touch with this particular rate because it is one way of giving an indication of what they are discounting to lowest public rates over what dates.

If it is more reassuring why not contact the hotel directly and ask whether they will respect those rates with whatever else you might like of them?

Yes or no is all they will say.

uk1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 12:44 pm
#1150
htb

Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: LH FTL (soft landing), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Posts: 4,370
Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
If it is more reassuring why not contact the hotel directly and ask whether they will respect those rates with whatever else you might like of them?
I wouldn't give them any reason to start thinking about whether you are eligible to use this rate or not because I can think of more reasons why you wouldn't be eligible than why you would be. But no one will start thinking of that if you just show up. In the worst case they might ask you for the voucher (if there is any).

HTB.
htb is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 1:26 pm
#1151
uk1
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 11,969
Originally Posted by htb View Post
I wouldn't give them any reason to start thinking about whether you are eligible to use this rate or not because I can think of more reasons why you wouldn't be eligible than why you would be. But no one will start thinking of that if you just show up. In the worst case they might ask you for the voucher (if there is any).

HTB.
You are wrong I am afraid. It isn't just about asking for the voucher, it can be the name on the voucher that might be problematic.

#1. When Steve Sickel invited members that participated in a closed/private forum to use his name, some staff didn't believe we were allowed to use the rate and I know of several including myself that had to convince a GM that it was effectively a public rate and that we didn't need to actually be @friend or family" to Steve.

#2. IHG haven't been good at removing employees who have posted links to the F&F rate (there was an employee incentive where they won prizes) when they leave the company, and I know of a situation where the property refused to accept the certificate because it related to an employee that left.

You will normally be OK, but this particular rate or programme has always been a a bit odd and it is a programme that is ripe for "misunderstandings" at check in by staff and management who genuinely don't know it or wish to be uncooperative and it is perfectly sensible for people using it to be a bit edgy if they want to avoid expensive surprises after some travel.

I'm sure he/she will make the right decision for themselves.

uk1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 3:40 pm
#1152

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 4,757
Originally Posted by skyfox2 View Post
Anyone can help a fellow flyertalk-er with a F&F discount?
+1..

Looking to book few nights for May..Need a FnF discount link.

Thanks,
abhilife2001 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 4:24 pm
#1153

Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 2,396
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
+1..

Looking to book few nights for May..Need a FnF discount link.

Thanks,
I found at least 5 working links by googling it.
Stgermainparis is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 15, 7:28 am
#1154
Cpi-Web Evangelist

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,081
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
I found at least 5 working links by googling it.
Yep, all links can be googled. I stayed at the HI in NYC 2 weeks ago, no one bothered to ask me for the voucher this time round, but I had it on me.
djjaguar64 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 15, 5:12 pm
#1155

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PDX
Programs: Don't think it matters...
Posts: 4,757
Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
I found at least 5 working links by googling it.
My bad.. had found that but did not update here
abhilife2001 is offline
Reply With Quote



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:42 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by cpi-web.ru. Copyright 2017 cpi-web.ru. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.